- To make sustainable hi-tech urban food growing accessible to all communities
- To apply circular economy principles to urban food production, absorbing waste streams.
- To raise awareness of food and sustainability issues.
- To impact positively on the local community.
- To improve our supporters’ behaviour, health, skills and well-being.
- To encourage a diverse volunteer base.
- To provide employment and training opportunities.
Our values: waste is food, sustainability, creativity, collaboration, transparency, openness, self-organisation, not-for-profit, alternative economics, small is beautiful, good work,
We also share the values of the Artspace lifespace college where we had our first pilot:
- We are united by our common humanity
- Everyone is both a teacher and a student
- All are welcome, diversity makes our community stronger
- We can work happily, harmoniously and respectfully to achieve shared goals
- We encourage community, sharing of skills, knowledge and understanding
- We encourage healthy, clear and honest communication
- We encourage creativity and the pursuit of excellence
- We encourage a compassionate, mindful approach to life in all its forms