Here are the details of cooking sessions starting in September with No. 10 The People’s Kitchen @ HHEAG.
- Cooking classes for parents of young children: Would you like to learn about cooking healthy and low cost family food? Mondays 10am–12noon starting 3 October. Some funded creche places available for children over 22 months old.
- Cooking on a Budget: Tired of eating the same food each week? Do you want to throw away less food? Would you like to make your food budget go further? Mondays 1–3pm.
- Cooking for parents of pre-school or primary school children: Quick & easy meal ideas · Ideas for healthy packed lunches · Easy ways to 5-a-day · Helpful tips for ‘fussy’ eaters · Saving money on the weekly shop. Tuesdays 9.30am–11.30am starting 15 November. Some funded creche places available, please ask for more details.
- Lunch & More: Cooking and eating together – good food with good company! Each week you will be able to help to prepare and share in a delicious lunch with good company · Find out more about what’s going on in your neighbourhood, hear from speakers on topics of interest. Wednesdays 10.15am–2pm.
- Good Foods for Good Moods: How your diet can support you mental health. Thursdays 1–3pm starting 10 November.
- Cooking Connections: Building skills in the kitchen. Create healthy and nutritious food from scratch · Gain practical, safe cookery experience · Increase your confidence in a working environment · Have the opportunity to gain a new qualification · Eat what you make and meet new people. Fridays 10am–1pm. Some funded creche places available, please ask for more details.
- Pizza-making workshop: For parents of pre-school and primary school-aged children. Make two 8″ pizzas to take home · Find out more about our weekly cooking groups for parents. One-off course: 9.30–11.30am Tuesday 1 November. £2
These are small group cookery sessions taught in our purpose built community cooking room, No. 10 The People’s Kitchen, at The Gatehouse Centre, Hartcliffe.
Courses cost £2 per session (take home what you make/eat in group).
Our courses prioritise those in the Dundry View Neighbourhood partnership area (BS13/14).
We are also able to arrange bespoke courses for local groups and organisations.
To book a place on any of these courses or discuss options, please phone Alex or Caroline on 0117 946 5285.